Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Spreading the sheen of green

Revathi Kamath is on a mission; a mission to make Bengaluru green. She can be called the preen queen, as the landscapist is busy pruning 250 acres of land management and 50 acres of land development. She also loves music and launched her classical Carnatic music album recently. We ask Revathi on how she took to landscaping and she shares, “I have always liked flowers. I was supplying flowers to friends who would compliment my flower arrangements. So I started Calyx in Jayanagar and started getting a lot of flower decoration work for events. I supplied flowers to all the star hotels and to top corporate houses.”

One event led to another and Revathi was soon doing flower decoration for prominent weddings and parties in the city. And that’s how her first landscaping project came about.

She recalls, “I had organised flowers for an event for Mico Bosch and its MD, Albert Hieronimus liked my work so much that he contacted me to pretty up his his house. I didn’t know much but took out time to research and once I learnt the pulse of it, I presented the Candle Garden project to him. He loved it so much. After that there was no looking back. I signed up as the official landscape consultant for Mysore University and Kuvempu University and ventured into many government projects and maintained six prominent parks including the Freedom Park. I designed and executed all 22 projects by Reddy Structures. I also did landscaping for Bombay Rayon Industries, Elita Promenade, Nitesh Estates, Hiranandani Builders, Guhantara Resort and others. On the lines of Guhantara, I’m also working on Shilantara Resort in Ramnagara, where the film Sholay was shot.”   

Revathi has an amazing line up of upcoming projects, but remains modest and humble. Besides this, she’s also a consultant with many IT firms and has signed up as a softscape consultant for Jurong and German firm, Degreemont. “I also manage Calyx nursery in Dodballapur and plan to get into organic vegetable farming anytime soon. It gets hectic at times and that’s why I like to unwind with classical music. I have been a veena player for many years and that helps to relax my body, mind and soul,” states Revathi, who just launched her music CD called Shambho.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment